Square Enix is adding some long-awaited components to the MMORPG in upcoming Patch 5.3 which should make getting one’s feet wet — or off the ground, to be more accurate — a lot less aggravating. Cue the “I Believe I Can Fly” music, because flying in ARR areas in 5.3 will be a reality.
🏞 Updates to A Realm Reborn 🏜#FFXIV Patch 5.3 includes an updated, more streamlined version of A Realm Reborn's main scenario quests as well as the much-awaited introduction of flying in ARR maps! 🛩
— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) April 24, 2020
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Patch 5.3 additions
More interesting changes mentioned for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Patch 5.3 in the Live Letter from the Producer include (text list via the official press release):
- New Main Scenario Quests – The curtains rise for the final act of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers main scenario questline.
- Main Scenario Questline Update: A Realm Reborn – The main scenario questline in A Realm Reborn will be reworked to give new players a more streamlined experience as they progress to Heavensward and beyond. Additionally, players will be able to fly in A Realm Reborn areas upon completion of “The Ultima Weapon” quest.
- New YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse Alliance Raid – Following Patch 5.1’s The Copied Factory, this next NieR-inspired alliance raid, titled The Puppets Bunker will unravel further mysteries of the machine lifeforms on the First.
- New Dungeon: The Heroes’ Gauntlet – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Parties of eight players can challenge this new challenging trial battle in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- Save the Queen Questline Updates – Players can enhance weapons obtained in the first chapter of this ongoing quest series as they explore an all-new area. Additionally, new large-scale battle content will be added as part of the update.
- New “Chronicles of a New Era” Quest: The Sorrow of Welt – Part of the ‘Weapon Series’ questline, players can enjoy a story-focused experience culminating in a special event battle.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The third phase of restoration begins following the efforts of the Skybuilders.
- Skybuilder Rankings return, with new items for players to craft and new achievements for top contributors to the restoration.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – A new crafter-focused questline featuring the dwarves.
- New Game+ Updates – The updated A Realm Reborn main scenario and other quests will be available for players to revisit while keeping your current character and level.
- New Battle Content: Unreal Trials – Players will be able to challenge powered-up primals from earlier expansions that are ready to fight against level 80 heroes. Unreal Trials will feature one primal fight which will change with each patch, beginning with Shiva in Patch 5.3. Defeating the primal each week gives players the chance to complete a new mini-game, with those who emerge triumphant receiving tokens to exchange for prizes.
- Crafter and Gatherer Updates – New custom deliveries, updates to Rowena’s House of Splendors, and an update to the Skysteel Tools questline headline several crafter and gatherer updates.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP, System Updates, and more.
What do you think of the changes being implemented in the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn patch 5.3? Are you looking forward to less tedium in terms of transportation with the newly added flying changes? We personally think the changes towards quests will be even more conducive to a more favorable in-game experience, considering so many of the low-level quests leading up to Heavensward are oftentimes three part quests which include tedious retrieval steps (talk to this NPC, get an item, now he needs another item; talk to another NPC, bring him an item, but now another NPC needs an item, etc.) throughout. That being said, we can’t wait for these changes to go live.
Expect Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Patch 5.3 to go live some time in June or July. FFXIV: ARR is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Macintosh operating systems, and Playstation 3 platforms.