Kael’thas Sunstrider, the crux of Guardian Druid and some Libram Paladin decks, is getting nerfed in upcoming Hearthstone patch 18.0.2. Other notable changes in the official patch notes include Mindrender Illucia seeing her mana-cost increased; Gentle Megasaur and Arcane Cannon being removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool; Lady Vashj being removed from the Battlegrounds Hero pool and both Reno Jackson and The Lich King’s Battleground Hero Powers being reduced from 1-mana-cost to 0.
Check out the full list of changes being implemented in Hearthstone patch 18.0.2.
Hearthstone Patch 18.0.2
In the coming days we’ll be releasing a balance patch that includes a slew of Battlegrounds updates, adjustments for two minions in Standard, and handful of bug fixes.
Standard Balance Updates
- Old: Every third spell you cast each turn costs (0). → New: Every third spell you cast each turn costs (1).
- Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3]
Mindrender Illucia will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 18.0.2 patch goes live.
Battlegrounds Minion Updates
- Gentle Megasaur has been removed from the Battlegrounds minion pool.
- Arcane Cannon has been removed from Battlegrounds minion pool.
- Old: 3 Attack, 2 Health → New: 4 Attack, 2 Health
- Old: [Tier 2] → New: [Tier 3]
- Old: [Tier 3] → New: [Tier 2]
- Old: 3 Attack, 2 Health → New: 4 Attack, 3 Health
- Old: [Tier 5] → New: [Tier 4]
- Now only Discovers minions from your current Tavern Tier or below.
Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler
- Old: Overkill: Summon a 0/2 Treasure Chest. → New: After this attacks and kills a minion, add a random minion to your hand.
- Minions generated are from your Tavern Tier or below.
- Old: [Tier 6] 5 Attack, 5 Health. Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +5/+5.→ New: [Tier 5] 4 Attack, 4 Health. Whenever you summon a Beast, give it +4/+4.
Goldrinn, the Great Wolf
- Old: Deathrattle: Give your Beasts +4/+4. → New: Deathrattle: Give your Beasts +5/+5.
Battlegrounds Hero Updates
- Lady Vashj has been removed from the Battlegrounds Hero pool.
- Buried Treasure
- Old: Dig for a Golden minion! (4 Digs left.) → New: Dig for a Golden minion! (5 Digs left.)
- Gonna Be Rich!
- Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 0]
The Lich King
- Reborn Rites
- Old: [Cost 1] → New: [Cost 0]
- Galakrond’s Greed
- Now freezes the minion added to Bob’s Tavern.
Bugs Fixes & Game Improvements
- Fixed a visual bug with Archwitch Willow’s play animation.
- Fixed a bug where Southsea Strongarm was showing incorrect art.
- Fixed a bug where casting Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron with Rattlegore on board would cause the game to freeze.
- Fixed several technical bugs that would cause the game to crash.
What do you think of the changes being implemented in Hearthstone Patch 18.0.2? Will Kael’thas Sunstrider no longer be a staple of Guardian Druid decks? Will Murloc decks in Battlegrounds be less dominant now that Gentle Megasaur has been removed as a Battlegrounds minion? Sound off in the comments.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login