Hearthstone patch 18.0 went live earlier today in preparation for the upcoming Scholomance Academy expansion and even though some die-hard fans of Kel’Thuzad were disappointed to see that the uber-powerful wizard’s faithful pet, Mr. Bigglesworth didn’t make it to card form, the feisty feline will still be making an appearance in some form after all: in Battlegrounds mode.
In addition to Mr. Bigglesworth’s Battlegrounds debut, Hearthstone 18.0 patch reworked two minions, Zoobot and Menagerie Magician. Check out the full list of changes from the official Blizzard press release below.
- Kel’Thuzad’s Kitty [Passive]
- When a player dies, Discover a minion from their warband. It keeps any enchantments.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Mr. Bigglesworth before the hero is formally released on August 13.
- [Tier 2] 2 Attack, 2 Health
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +1/+1.
- [Tier 4] 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +2/+2.
- Zoobot has been removed from Battlegrounds
- Menagerie Magician has been removed from Battlegrounds.
Game Improvements & Miscellaneous Updates
- Class specific weapon frames have been added to every weapon in Hearthstone.
- Scholomance Academy cards will be added to Arena when the expansion unlocks on August 6.
- Free decks for new and returning players have been updated (recipes can be found here).*
- Returning players no longer need to complete the returning player experience to claim their free deck.
- Poisonous damage now has a special poison damage indicator and effect.
- Pressing the Hide button on mobile when making a card choice in game will now also hide the banner that describes the choice, no longer obscuring vision of the opponent’s armor total.
- Spells created by Evocation will now disappear at the same time at the end of the turn instead of one by one.
- Target indicators will now more accurately represent an opponent’s target selection when aiming a Battlecry or targeted spell.
- Removed a delay from the damage effect for Mad Bomber and Demolisher.
- Reduced the delay between casting Plot Twist and its shuffling animation.
- Fixed a bug where Galakrond the Tempest was showing the upgrade animation over the deck upon the fourth Invoke.
- Fixed a bug where heroes would not slot back into their portraits correctly after attacking.
- Fixed visual display issues with Deathwing’s Battlegrounds hero power.
- Battlegrounds summon speed improvements for Pack Leader and Mama Bear have been re-introduced.
* Limited one per account. A returning player is defined as one who has not logged into Hearthstone for 120 consecutive days.
Free Class Legendary & Launch Quests
Starting August 6, players will receive a random Scholomance Academy Legendary class card just for logging in, and can complete a chain of Legendary Quests to earn a total of six Scholomance Academy card packs!** Quests will be initially available on the following dates:
- August 6, 10:00 AM PT: Play 25 Cards in Play mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
- August 7, 10:00 AM PT: Play 20 Spells in any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs
- August 8, 10:00 AM PT: Win 3 games any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
What do you think of the addition of Mr. Bigglesworth in Hearthstone 18.0 patch? Are you ready for the Scholomance Academy expansion? Sound off in the comments.
Pingback: Hearthstone: Jaina Proudmoore Book of Heroes walkthrough